Historic Silver, Interesting Facts
Like werewolves and vampires, bacteria have a weakness: silver.
Silver — in the form of dissolved ions — attacks bacterial cells...
Ancient cultures believed silver would keep them healthy.
- To prevent spoilage, the Roman Empire stored wine in silver urns.
- Hippocrates taught the use of silver to support healing.
- Early American settlers tossed silver coins into wells and barrels of water believing it would make it safe to drink.
- Dairy farmers used silver pails to collect milk; apparently it kept milk from spoiling for hours, without refrigeration.
- Silver was used in dishware, drinking vessels and eating utensils, as it was known that disease-causing pathogens could not survive in the presence of silver; even the Chinese emperors and their courts ate with silver chopsticks.
In more modern times:
- During WWI troops used silver leaf to combat infection in wounds.
- In fact, colloidal silver was commonly used until 1938.
- Some of the 1950's generation still remember their grandparents putting silver dollars in milk to prolong its freshness at room temperature.
- Science Digest, March 1978 issue, published an article, "Our Mightiest Germ Fighter," reporting: "Thanks to eye-opening research, silver is emerging as a wonder of modern medicine. An antibiotic kills perhaps a half-dozen different disease organisms, but silver kills some 650. Resistant strains fail to develop. Moreover, silver is virtually non-toxic." The article ended with a quote by Dr. Harry Margraf, a biochemist and pioneering silver researcher who worked with the late Carl Moyer, M.D., chairman of Washington University's Department of Surgery in the 1970s: "Silver is the best all-around germ fighter we have."
- Even now, NASA uses silver in the water purification systems of the International Space Station.
Marietta Health Foods Carries Sovereign Silver
Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol represents the most significant breakthrough in colloidal technology in the last 120 years. It is an omnipotent resource in the defense of health, one with which to confront the ever-increasing immune challenges threatening man, even the whole of mankind. Stephen Quinto, Founder of Sovereign Silver
Article researched and copy written by Laughing Fox Designs, providing results driven website development and social media actions to start-ups, small businesses and mid-size companies. ©2017 All Rights Reserved